Saturday, June 24, 2006

Like a diabetic in a candy store


Went to a party this week in DC for my friend who's moving to Australia this Friday. I was nervous because I was pretty sure that Chris was going to be the only person that I knew at the event. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course!!

I shouldn't of been at all. Aside from the fact that I was only one of three women in attendance (one of whom I'm pretty sure now was, Deni, the completly awesome UPB assistant before "Ashtray"), and Chris turned out to be the only person I actually confirmed knowing, the party was awesome. Because I didn't have to worry about what they thought of me as a "girl," I could let my hair down and really have a good time with them. That isn't to say, of course, that I wasn't looking (especially once I found out that the bar we were at was a mecca for the young, straight political types). This one couple, Eric and Zoran, were quite amused by my antics -- especially when I was eye-fucking this total Clooney type who didn't look like he was part of our group, but then came up to kiss his boyfriend (or "husband" -- the guys were using a term I wasn't familiar with, and I'm still not sure the difference between the two). Eric and Zoran knew all along, but I clearly didn't.

The drive home was also interesting. I was text messaging with a boy I swore was Jeremey. All the way home, I'm flirting with him and saying some things that I'd never really say if I wasn't feeling just a little more brave than normal (don't worry, I was more than ok to drive). They were DEFINITELY something I wouldn't say to a coworker! But, typical Linds, it turned out they were. Friday morning, I emailed Jer to talk about one of the comments "he" had made, and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. A check of the phone, and it turned out it was Ryan. Whoops!!!

So, who's up for another trip to Local 16?

No comments: