Wednesday, December 13, 2006

On men and cats

I love the insight that no sleep and a minimal amount of coffee can present on a morning that I'm supposed to be getting things accomplished at work....

I think I finally understand why single women of a certain age are so attracted to cats. I don't dare to call them spinsters because I am the proud owner of one and a half cats (the half is a loaner who will eventually move to NYC), and one day I will no longer be in my twenties. No, I'm not writing marriage off completely, but as I become more and more successful in my own right it's not the priority that it was when I was in college majoring in pre-wed.

Right, so the men and cats thing. I think it's because, deep-down, they are basically the same creature. Don't believe me? Consider this:

  1. They ignore you all day, but when you're completely engrossed in something (or someone) else, they demand your attention with a vengeance.

  2. They think with one major organ (cats, stomach; men, something else completely) and really don't give a crap if you're trying to get a little shut-eye when they want to meet their needs.

  3. They never say much, but when they finally open up to you, you're expected to understand what the hell they're talking about.

  4. They keep on bringing the same thing back to you (cats, fuzzy mice; men, "skills"), but you're supposed to fake the same excitement that you faked the first time.

  5. They're most attracted to the person who wants nothing to do with them.

See what I mean?

No comments: