Thursday, December 14, 2006

I was driving down York Road today, listening to that station that doesn't have DJs so it plays random stuff when I heard:

Oh oh a oh oh
oh oh a oh.
Oh oh a oh oh
The Right Stuff

Instantly I was twelve years old, living in Italy and worshipping Jordan Knight like every other girl my age did back then, but probably won't admit to now.

Since I think that a trip to the past should be a shared experience, I turned up the radio, opened all the windows (not a problem since it's freaking 60 degrees out there!) and started dancing and singing along at the top of my lungs. I probably looked crazy, but the other drivers around my age seemed to appreciate it.

Sadly, it didn't last. Scarcely three minutes after the New Kids started singing, they finished and the commercials started. It was 2006 again, and I was made aware of the fact that I still hadn't moved anything more than my rear in the seat.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Personally, I loved Donnie....WAY more than Jordan. ;)

Jules said...

Donnie? Ick. Joey Mc, all the way baby!

And since we're all acting like twelve year olds, it's appropriate that my Word Verification is "zitpkg"

Linds said...

Donnie was cute, Jules, it was Danny that was the monkey-faced boy. See what Jules isn't admitting to is that the true crush on Joey Mc didn't start until two years ago when we saw him in Wicked.