Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Photos of beauty and tranquility

I blame it on Rockwell.

Thanks to the holiday yesterday, I had the opportunity to work from home. A few hours in, I was starting to get the idea that I should take advantage of the spectacular weather and head out of town to take a few snapshots of the beauty, peacefulness, and tranquility that is the Amish way of life. Yes, you read that right, I said Amish.

After all, I thought, those 80-degree October days don't come around that often, and it so sunny and clear. The way I saw it, I couldn't really resist.

It was a great plan, so I don't really know why I didn't complete it. I downloaded the directions to Lancaster County and got my stuff together, but I never actually got in the car. Instead, at around 10 AM, I sat back down and kept typing away on my work project.

Three hours later, I learned that I just would have been in the way. Yesterday was anything but a quiet day in Amish Country. Five little girls are dead, five little girls are clinging to life because some madman saw them as easy targets.

I was planning a trip to Amish country for photos of peace and tranquility. Now, all I can do is pray for that peace for the families and the recovery of those who were spared initially.

No comments: