Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Best Laid Plans

Thank God, I didn't start taking my clothes off.

Since I have a Jaycees meeting tonight, I thought it would be a great idea to stay late at work, hit the gym, and then go straight to the meeting. I'd get points for being a dedicated employee, do something great for my bod, and save a little gas going back and forth. Right?

Right.

I swore I had everything...even running back to the house to grab my HRM. So imagine my surprise when I get to the gym, reach into the bag for my shorts and nothing.

The guy at the desk thought it was a little strange that I clocked a grand total of five minutes in the gym this morning, but when I told him that I didn't really feel like being arrested, we both got a great abs workout.

So, I started driving away when I almost hit a 10-year old on a bike who had stopped in the middle of my lane (he was traveling in the other direction) to pick something up that had dropped. The object that had dropped? A cigarette. I honked my annoyance, he flipped me the bird, stuck the ciggy in his mouth, and biked away. A few years from now, that kid'll be suing Phillip Morris. He'll probably win too.

So, now I'm sitting at the library, typing away on my book and dealing with people reading over my shoulder. Really, if you want to read what I write so damn much, ask for the blog address. Otherwise, don't interrupt me mid-stream while I'm trying to type.

It's just rude.

No comments: