Thursday, October 05, 2006

I talk good, I'm Microsoft Word

At our book exchange the other day, I picked up this fantastically funny book called Grammar Snobs are Great Big Meanies. I'm sure there's some punctuation that I'm missing in there, but really I don't care right now.

The book is all about the rules of grammar, but surprisingly, it's not the dry read that anyone who survived high school English would expect. The author is funny as hell, and thanks to her I'm paying more and more attention to the grammar in my work documents. The blog, however, is more of a stream of consciousness and will not be grammatically correct unless it happens by accident.

Not that you needed to know that.

As part of my continued efforts, I turned the Microsoft Word grammar-checker back on to catch anything that my careful reading didn't.

Imagine my surprise, therefore, when I got this as a correction...

I've seen some bad grammar in my day, but I'm not sure I've ever seen anything THIS bad. Especially from a program that's supposed to be helping a person ensure that his or her grammar is correct.

We've heard complaints about the spell-checker, so as a warning to the high school students who happen to find this blog, I say this: STAY AWAY FROM MARK FOLEY . DO NOT TRUST THE GRAMMAR CHECKER!!

That am all.

No comments: