Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Last Night

Last night, I had dinner with a couple of old friends from high school and their significant others. One was married, the other was divorced (but he had his girlfriend with him).

I was definitely nervous as I drove to VA and sat at the bar (I was early, as usual). I hadn't seen these folks in 10 years!! What if they were completely different?? What if I was completely different?? What if their memories of me were the bad ones??

Needless to say, it totally wasn't anything to worry about. Dave's wife was so cute, and both the boys have gone so far in the last ten years. I'm so happy for both of them.

John did say something interesting as we sat at the table (Lebanese Taverna, East Falls Church, YUM!): "Up to half an hour ago, Lindsay was 16." He was right. Up to a few days ago, Dave, John, and the rest of my high school class has remained 17 in my mind.

Since 17 was an awkward time for most of us (I knew there was a reason that acne was a good thing), I'm totally feeling better about the reunion now.

No comments: