Saturday, September 02, 2006

Finally, it's here

I was supposed to go home yesterday, but because Ernesto decided that he was going to be arriving in VA Beach right at the same time I was, I worked all day. Yuck.

That's ok though. We're leaving this morning, and will be in VA Beach by noon. That means that we'll have enough time for me to really enjoy the visit but not enough time for me to start wigging out about why I'm there.

After months of planning and dieting and reconnecting with everyone, I'm suddenly nervous about tonight. I shouldn't be though, thanks to MySpace, we've all seen what we look like, right?

I tried on my outfit yesterday, and if the rain holds off and the temp heats up, I'm going to look damn hot. If not, I'll settle for mildly adorable. :) I'm accepting the hair color that Jules talked me into, but it initially sort of started a crisis of insecurities, the likes of which haven't been seen since 1996. Can't do anything about it now, though, so I'm just going to have to ramp up the drama on the make-up to make it look like I planned it. It's that dark color that walks the fine line between 50s pin-up girl and goth, so this has the potential to be really cute if I pull it off. Which, of course, I'm going to keep telling myself that I will. It'll be ok, really!!! :)

Full report later on this weekend!!! :)



No comments: