Friday, May 25, 2012

If I ever

Consider a book by Ray Blackston again, KILL Me.

I’d turn it off, but I don’t have my iPod.  

Description:

Jay Jarvis is pondering commitment.  But his math is getting complicated.

Can he survive a trip from the beaches of South Carolina to the Outback with his cluster of crazy friends?  Or will the allure of a wild roo-chase spoil his perfectly calculated plans?  Ray Blackston’s back with more side-splitting humor, unconventional characters, and electrifying dialogue.

I’m about 4 discs in, and have found no side-splitting humor (unless the fact that the pastor back home has email is supposed to be funny).  I have found a ton of preaching and postulating.  There is no sex – even when the couple is dying in the desert – because the couple is NOT MARRIED.  They’re engaged, but they’re not married, so no sex.  Not that I would want to have to listen to a sex scene while trying to work, but I didn’t sign on for a piece of religious fiction where the guy (after they’re found of course) thinks that it would help his case with the rental guy if he introduced him to his “singles group” back home.  Three guesses where he met them….

No comments: