Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Declaration of (temporary) Indepdendence...


When I finished my work at 10 PM last night and called my boss, I declared a
one-day moratorium on this stupid project. I don't know what I'm doing with
the one day (I know I said I was going to Arlington with Marcus, but he
switched the locale to Leesburg and that's too difficult of a drive), but
I'm sure someone will kindly think of something (I've also declared
independence from thinking).

I miss my girls! I miss the gym!! I miss my life!!!

But for one day, July 4, 2006, I am declaring my temporary independence and
going forth in pursuit of life, liberty, and HAPPINESS!!! Frankly, it has
come the time in Lindsay events that I must rise up and say, "Screw the
kids, I'm out for fun!!" (Ok ok, so maybe it's not quite Jeffersonian, but
it makes the point.)

I hold this truth to be self-evident: I am just as equal as the rest of my
team who didn't see this entire project hanging over them. They get the day
off, I GET THE DAY OFF!!

So, either I've flipped or I'm on to something. Only time will tell,
and if you hear something about a person tossing tea into the Inner Harbor
this afternoon, you may want to get the bail money out.

1 comment:

My Blog said...

Only time will tell.