Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well, I did it...

I just signed up for the Duncan for Governor campaign.

I know, I know, you're probably thinking..."Wait a second, why isn't she
supporting Mayor O'Hottie?"

Well, kids, just because the man is hotter than sin and can play a
guitar while showing off his amazing arms isn't enough for me to entrust
him with the management of the state. The Baltimore City schools are in
such disrepair that Oprah Winfrey opted not to donate funds (and this is
the woman who gives away cars and allows Tom Cruise to jump on her couch
-- to not support schools is pretty bad), and the City Police Department
is fast-getting a reputation for being the people to not seek out when
you're in trouble. If you call them, you'll probably end up getting
arrested yourself, and, if you make it to Central Booking, you may not
walk out of there in one piece (or even alive).

On the other hand, Montgomery County has the exact opposite reputation.
The schools are excellent and we all saw in 2002 that their police
department can handle urban terrorism with grace and dignity (Charles
Moose is from there!).

So, I've signed up for the Duncan for Governor campaign, and I've asked
them for a t-shirt. I mean, if a girl can't create a little controversy
at the gym, what's the point of going? :)

1 comment:

About Health Blog said...

On the other hand, Montgomery County has the exact opposite reputation.