Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The weird guy...

The weird guy from my office just walked by my desk 3 times in quick
succession, then stopped in and inquired if I knew where Doric is. Now,
I'm not Doric's keeper and when Doric comes in, he usually goes around
my desk the other way. Our cubes are high enough that I can't see over
them, and I've got the iPod running so I can't hear anything until I
turn it down. So, no I don't know where Doric is.

I also can't figure out why weird guy needs Doric since D is a DBA and
weird guy is networking. I think he was just looking for an excuse to
stop in and bug me. I feel so incredibly lucky!

So, he stops in, and asks me, and I tell him that I've neither heard him
nor seen him. Then, I slam the headphones back on and resume typing.
You know, a total hint to get the hell out of my cube.

But he doesn't get that. He stops on his way out of my tiny tiny cube,
to read the Dilbert that I've had up since the beginning of April. The
SAME Dilbert that he's commented on in the past, so I can't figure out
why he's reading it again for the first time.

It's stuff like this that makes me want to work from home 3 days a
week...though I can't. :(

1 comment:

About Medicine Blog said...

Then, I slam the headphones back on and resume typing.