Sunday, March 25, 2007

He's back...

Ok, seriously, I want to know who gave my blog address to Potter. Oh, since I tend to use aliases, your hint (at least for the Baltimore folks) is -- same first name, same last initial.

Know who it is? Ok, then who's been spilling?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Someone must have because whenever I seem to be going through some inner turmoil about my dating situation, this guy shows up. He's dormant for months waiting, it seems, for me to start doubting the man of the moment. As soon as I do, I get an email from him.

"Just checking in," it says. "How are you doing?"

Usually that's it. And I start to think, how AM I doing? Professionally, I'm doing supremely well. Well enough, in fact, that if I focused on that, I think I could actually talk to Potter. But it's the dating side of it that I don't want to get into. I don't want to let in (even through email), that all is not well in the world of men. Because as much as I don't want to date him, any inkling that he may receive of that would mean a constant onslaught of emails and embarrassing stories where he takes a joke out of context and attempts to "flirt" with me by repeating this out of context joke over and over in situations where I'm trying to maintain a modicum of dignity.

Anyway, he's back. Lucky me. Seriously, if it was you who dished the addy, please prepare for the consequences. Thanks.

No comments: