Monday, November 27, 2006

Let's review...

You do realize that whatever you put in the comments section of someone's Myspace account will be broadcast to the world, don't you? Good. Some people don't get this, and it's really sad when that happens.

My apologies to those of you who have already heard this story, but it's still bugging me.

Over the weekend, I checked my myspace account and learned that a friend of mine is "most likely" going to be shipped out to Iraq sometime before the end of the year. He wasn't making a big deal out of it, just decided to update us with his new address in Texas and mentioned that he wasn't sure how long he'd actually be there.

I was trying to send him a reply to his post when I accidentally clicked the wrong button and ended up at his profile. That's where I discovered the other piece of news that he hadn't decided to share with the masses (but his wife did!). Apparently, the two have been having some "problems," and while he's apparently trying to work things out, she's airing their dirty laundry all over his comments section. Even though she doesn't come right out and say it, it's sadly obvious what her comments mean. As we all know, I can be dense, but I'm not that stupid!

I'm shocked that he's kept them up there, but he's either not seen them or he doesn't want to take them down for fear of upsetting her. Either way, this is one of those dramas that probably shouldn't be played out in the online community, especially since there are kids involved.

The problem, of course, is how to handle this. Do I offer support, even though he didn't tell me himself (though he's left the comments online)?? Do I just pretend that I haven't seen anything? I'm leaning towards the latter, but then that could be my overwhelming reluctance to integrate myself in anything unpleasant.

And no, anyone who was going to ask, I'm not telling you who the guy is.

No comments: