Friday, August 12, 2005

I made Cosmo

Yesterday, Becca called me out on the fact that I never post on this thing. So I posted missive #1 while at work (Chris says I never work all day, and ok, it's true).

So I get home from work, and Julia goes, "Your new name is Maribel."
"What?"
"The Cosmo article that Rebecca Onion pitched, your bonfire comment made it. Your name's Maribel."

So I look, and sure enough my love lesson is in there, right on page 199 and with a fake name and grammatical editing (incorrectly, I might add)! I don't understand the need for a fake name on that particular one -- the engagement story would have made a much better fake name one -- but I'm happy just the same.

In full, it's "Save the litle things when you first start dating a new guy, like ticket stubs and cards. When you realize he's a keeper, you'll be glad you have them -- you can can enjoy the bonfire if he turns out to be a total dud."

I'll see if I can find the original email I sent Rebecca. I think that there's some real keepers (ticket stubs and all) in there.

1 comment:

Health Blog said...

In full, it's "Save the litle things when you first start dating a new guy, like ticket stubs and cards.