Thursday, February 01, 2007

July 21, Baby, July 21!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister wrote this post on her blog that summed up her own feelings about the end of the Harry Potter books. Anything I'd write about it at this point would just sound like I'm ripping her off, so I'm just going to add, "Yeah, what she said," and be done with it.

I will tell you, however, that if anyone here is looking for me the weekend of July 21, traditionally a busy weekend for me for a variety of reasons, you will find me curled up on my front porch with a Witches Brew in one hand and a book in the other. I will laugh, I will cry, and I will finish the book -- quite possibly in a single sitting. Don't worry, when I emerge from my diluted haze, kleenex in hand and crying over the death of probably a much-beloved character (Anyone care to wager? I'm sensing that Dean Thomas and Seamus don't walk out of Hogwarts alive.), I won't give anything away. A prefect always keeps her promises.

Oh, random thought! I should probably preorder at the B&N in Annapolis or at the one next to Hopkins. That way, I can get it on the way home from work instead of having to bust all the way around the beltway to Towson. Someone remind me I said that later, ok?

Confidential to JC: At least we're not going to be listening to it on tape at Laura's wedding after all. I know we were joking, but the idea of us busting out with commentary while the minister's going "Any objections?" still cracks me up.

No comments: